When it comes to Direct Mail, there are three keys to success:
- The quality of the mailing list
(Your own list is better than purchasing a list from a third party)
- The compelling reason to act now (the offer)
- The creative approach
ReSound’s Marketing ReSource Center leverages best practices to help you create compelling direct mail campaigns that engage.
- Use tested campaigns
- Use images that help people relate (e.g. images of older people, but not “too old”)
- Tread carefully on the notion that hearing aids should be completely unnoticeable
- Ensure that the 5 Ws are present:
– Who is selling?
– What is the product?
– Why should they buy it (now)?
– Where can they buy it?
– When can they buy it?
- Use color – it works!
- Bigger is better (don’t make text too small)
- Make sure you can track conversions that come directly from your campaign
When it comes to the “offer”, research shows that the most compelling offers are as follow:
- Free 30-day Trial/Test Drive (call to action, reason to believe)
- 30% off (helps address cost concern)
- $500 Trade-in Event (…if you have something to trade in….)
- Free accessories
- Free Mini Microphone
- Free Lunch and Learn
- Open House
- Free 32” flat-screen TV with purchase