Creating a brand – who you are, what you can do and the value you bring – is important for every hearing care practice. Whether you are a new practice starting from scratch or a long-standing practice looking to review and revise, the following breakdown will help you get started.
First step, identify your ideal customer. Develop a grid of what types of customers would benefit most from your services, who are your current customers and who do your competitors serve. From this exercise, determine which one customer group would benefit most by what you can provide.
Think through how your ideal customer might be motivated to take action. What kind of feelings and reactions might you expect from this type of customer? How do you currently engage your customers and what would need to change to draw in your ideal customer.
With your customer base in mind, next define these key points:
- What are you trying to sell?
- What products or services do you provide?
- How will your product or service allow your ideal customer to live a better life?
Your Unique Value
- What problems can you help solve for your customer?
- What makes you different than your main competitors?
- Go beyond convenience, quality, low-price and expertise – what is the most unique value that you provide your customers?
- What are you? How do people introduce you?
- What do you stand for?
- What role do you play in your customers’ lives?
Remember, branding your practice takes time, don’t expect instant results or recognition. Your brand should serve as a reference for all of your communication avenues both in-office and marketing – monitor regularly. Finally, encourage customer participation and allow them opportunities to share your brand with others.