Private practice owner, Dr. Gyl Kasewurm, believes offering extraordinary customer service is the secret to pulling ahead of the competition.
Treat patients like good friends
• Greet new patients at the door
• Communicate how happy you are that they chose your practice
• Train receptionists to acknowledge a patient’s arrival immediately and greet them by name
• Make sure a real person answers your phone
• Don’t put patients “on hold” on the phone
• Return phone calls as soon as possible
Offer the fastest service in town
• Repair broken hearing aids there and then while the patient waits
• Don’t make patients wait for their appointment
• Send a hand written thank you note when a patient refers a friend or relative
• Send a bouquet of flowers or other gift when a patient refers multiple people to your practice
Respond to complaints quickly and comprehensively
• Go the extra mile to satisfy an unhappy patient, no matter who was at fault
• When scheduling errors occur, admit the mistake, apologize and ensure that they do not have to wait when they return
Going above and beyond patient expectations is a very effective form of marketing. When customers leave your practice happy and remember you, they come back. Repeat business and referrals are exactly what you need to grow a business.
Read the full article “Standing Out in the Crowd” by Gyl Kasewurm on gnresound.com.