This blog post is an updated version of the March 2017 blog post: 7 steps to keep ReSound hearing aids clean and tip-top shape.
Did you know you should be cleaning your hearings aids every 2 weeks at home?
Keeping a consistent routine of cleaning and maintaining of your ReSound hearing aids can help prolong their durability.
In this blog, you’ll learn some tips and tricks on how to clean your ReSound hearing aids and keep them in tip-top shape.
Here are some of the steps to follow to help ensure you get the most out of your ReSound hearing aids:
- Keep your hearing device clean and dry. Remove ear wax and other dirt with the cleaning tools that came with your devices as wax buildup can affect performance.
- Wipe the case with a soft cloth or tissue after use to remove grease or moisture. Do not use water or solvents, as these can damage the hearing aid(s).
- Filters or wax guards should be replaced monthly, as wax buildup can distort sounds and damage the hearing aid receiver.
- Never place your hearing aids in water or other liquids, as it may cause permanent damage to the hearing aids.
- Be careful putting them on and taking them off. Set them down gently, to avoid rough handling of hearing aids or dropping them.
- Don’t leave hearing aids in or near direct heat or sunlight, such as in a hot parked car, as excessive heat can cause damage or deform the casing.
- Don’t wear your hearing aids while showering, swimming, in heavy rain, or in a moist atmosphere, such a steam bath or sauna.
- If your hearing aid does get wet or if it’s been exposed to high humidity or perspiration, it should be left to dry out overnight with the battery out and the battery compartment open.
- Remove your hearing aid when applying such things as cosmetics, perfume, aftershave, hair spray and suntan lotion. These might get into the hearing aid and cause damage.
It’s important to schedule regular cleanings with your hearing care professional at least once or twice a year. Find a hearing care professional near you: https://www.resound.com/en-us/find-a-professional.
Watch more for cleaning and maintenance tips for the hearing aids.
Don't know where to start?
Let us help you find a hearing care professional near you.