In the last FAQ post, we answered some frequently asked questions about pairing ReSound LiNX to an Apple device. Today we move on to questions asked about audio streaming and remote control functionality.
What audio can I stream to my hearing aids?
Nearly every audio source on your Apple device can be streamed directly to your ReSound LiNX hearing aids, without requiring additional accessories or hardware that you have to purchase or wear. For example: Siri commands, music, movies, phone calls, FaceTime calls, directions from a GPS app, or sounds from your favorite games.
What remote control functionality is available on my Apple device?
- Adjust volume
- Change programs
- Mute the hearing aid microphones
- View battery indicators
- Adjust bass/treble
- Geotag to assign hearing-aid programs to specific locations
- Use your saved settings at any time
- Find your lost hearing aid with “Find my hearing aid”
- Access information about how to use and maintain your hearing aids
- Activate direct streaming from ReSound Unite Mini Microphone or ReSound Unite TV Streamer 2
How do I change the audio source on my Apple device? (i.e. I want to stream audio to my hearing aids instead of the iPad speaker)
You can easily change audio source using the control panel on the iOS device. Simply swipe up from the bottom of the home screen to access the control panel. Tap AirPlay and select the device you want as your audio source (i.e. ReSound LiNX hearing aids, iPhone, speaker, etc).
Where can I get help with ReSound LiNX and/or my Apple device?
- Your hearing healthcare professional is a great resource to answer your questions about ReSound LiNX
- ReSound Consumer Care Representatives are also available to answer questions about ReSound LiNX and pairing to your Apple device by calling 1-888-735-4327 (US customers)
- For questions how to use your Apple device, consider enrolling in a course or scheduling an appointment with the Apple genius bar at your local Apple retail store. Or visit http://www.apple.com/support/
- Check out these other useful links:
Do you have a question about ReSound LiNX?
Contact ReSound Customer Care at 1-888-735-4327 or post your question here or on our Facebook page.