It’s been six months since ReSound LiNX hit the market and it continues to receive fantastic reviews. Professionals and end-users alike have been both emailing and posting to our social media pages about how ReSound LiNX has changed their lives.
In addition to these great responses, we’ve also received a few questions regarding compatibility and pairing of ReSound LiNX. We’ve compiled a list of those frequently asked questions below.
I don’t have an iPhone®. Can I still use ReSound LiNX?
Of course! ReSound LiNX delivers superior hearing benefits whether or not you have a smart phone. ReSound LiNX delivers industry-leading sound quality and offers:
- Enhanced hearing in noisy situations
- New technologies that increase patient comfort
- Freedom from annoying whistling
- Wireless accessories
- iSolate nanotech, which ensures durability & protection from moisture, sweat, ear wax and debris
- All in a discreet receiver-in-the-ear design that is nearly invisible behind your ear
I have an Android phone. Can I use ReSound LiNX?
Absolutely! You will still benefit from the advanced audiological features of ReSound LiNX, whether or not you have an iPhone. You can also stream stereo sound from your Android phone and make simple remote control commands by using your phone with the ReSound Unite Phone Clip+. For more advanced remote control capabilities, you can download the free ReSound Control app (works with the ReSound Unite Phone Clip+).
I have an iPhone 4S. Can I pair it with ReSound LiNX?
Unfortunately ReSound LiNX doesn’t support the iPhone 4S, even with iOS 7 installed due to limitations with sound quality and streaming that don’t match our standards. The next question outlines the devices that are compatible with ReSound LiNX.
What Apple devices are compatible with ReSound LiNX?
The following Apple hardware is compatible with ReSound LiNX, using iOS 7.04 or later:
- iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5
- iPad (4th generation), iPad Air
- Pad mini, iPad mini with Retina display
- iPod touch (5th generation)
An easy indicator is to look at the adapter you use for charging or connecting the device. Apple devices that use the lightning connector, shown below, are compatible with ReSound LiNX. The only exception to this is the iPod nano 7th generation, which uses the lightning adaptor but is not compatible with ReSound LiNX.
How do I pair ReSound LiNX to my Apple device?
- Turn on Bluetooth functionality on the Apple device if it is not already on.
- Go to the Settings > General Then select Accessibility in the General menu.
- Power up ReSound LiNX hearing instruments by closing the battery doors.
- Select Hearing Aids in the Accessibility menu on the Apple device.
- Once you enter the Hearing Aids screen, you will see the name of your hearing instruments appear along with the ReSound brand name and model number
- Tap on the center of the name of your hearing instruments on the screen.
- Pairing requests will now appear asking if you would like to pair to your iPhone, iPad®, or iPod touch®. Press “Pair” to begin the pairing process to your ReSound LiNX hearing instruments. Note that for p airing to two hearing instruments, there will be two separate pairing requests.
- Your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch will now pair to the ReSound LiNX hearing instruments and automatically connect to them.
Key note: This first time pairing includes an MFi authentication process. WHILE THIS PROCESS OF AUTHENTICATION IS OCCURRING, DO NOT START ANY STREAMING TO RESOUND LINX AFTER PRESSING THE PAIRING REQUESTS. You can verify this process is completed in one of two ways:
- Place the hearing instrument on your ears while the process is occurring. Once completed, you will hear a series of 6 beep tones followed shortly by a ripple tone.
- Wait for more than 120 seconds to be certain that the process has completed.
Your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch will now detect the Resound LiNX hearing instruments you paired and automatically connect to them. The ReSound LiNX hearing aids are now ready to stream from the Apple device. Refer to our Made for iPhone Quick Reference Guide for additional instructions.
Do you have other ReSound LiNX compatibility questions?
Please post your question here or contact ReSound Customer Care at 1-888-735-4327 (US customers).
In our next FAQs post, we will focus on audio streaming and remote control functionality. More to come!