How do I adjust the volume on the Mini Microphone?
Adjusting the listening volume can be accomplished in a variety of ways. Keep in mind that volume adjustments apply to the streamed signal only, not the volume of normal environmental sounds.
- Use the ‘+’ and ‘-’ keys on the ReSound Unite Mini Microphone to adjust volume to a comfortable level. Make sure that your hearing aids are comfortably adjusted before you change the settings with the volume control. Using the microphone the Mini Microphonet will store the latest set volume level. The line-in volume level will default to a preset level on power up.
- Use the ReSound Unite Remote Control (optional) to adjust volume. Look under the Remote Control section.
- The volume can in some cases be further adjusted at the signal source, for example by turning the TV itself down. In many cases this will adjust the volume of both streamed audio (transmitted wirelessly to your hearing aids) and non-streamed audio (sounds reaching the hearing aid microphones in the normal fashion). Of course, this will also affect listening volume for others in the room.
Is the ReSound Mini Microphone waterproof?
The ReSound Unite Mini Microphone is not waterproof. Exposure to water or excessive moisture may damage the product. If the ReSound Unite Mini Microphone accidently is exposed to water or moisture, then wipe it carefully.
Why doesn’t sound from the Mini Microphone come through clearly?
This could be because:
- The hearing aids are out of range of the ReSound Unite Mini Microphone. Try shortening the distance between the hearing aids and the ReSound Unite Mini Microphone.
- The ReSound Unite Mini Microphone may be too close to other electrical devices such as a DVD player or stereo receiver causing interference. Check to make sure that it is not sitting on top of an electrical device.
- When using the Line-in: The cable connecting the ReSound Unite Mini Microphone to the auxilliary source may not be inserted properly. Ensure that all cables are plugged in appropriately.
How far from the ReSound Unite Mini Microphone can I hear the sound?
You should be able to hear the streamed signal clearly up to at least 7 meter (20 feet) from the ReSound Unite Mini Microphone. If the sound does not come through clearly, you may have to move closer to the ReSound Unite Mini Microphone.
Do volume adjustments on an auxiliary sound source affect the volume in my hearing aids?
Yes. Always try to adjust the level to a comfortable level on the auxiliary device to minimize electrical noise.
There is also a volume control on the top of the TV streamer, with black buttons that have a ‘+’ and ‘–’ on them.
If the ReSound Unite TV Streamer is connected to the headphone jack on the TV, Stereo or Computer, adjustments on e.g. the TV remote control may also adjust the volume in the hearing aids.
How do I pair the hearing aids to the Unite Mini Microphone?
- The Hearing aids need to be paired to the ReSound Unite Mini Microphone to create a private link for further communication, as well as to allow information to be transferred between the devices.
- Your Hearing Care Professional will be able to complete the pairing process via dedicated fitting software.
- The hearing aids can also be paired to the ReSound Unite Mini Microphone by activating the pairing button on the Unite Mini Microphone and opening and closing the battery doors on the hearing aids within 20 seconds.
Where should I place the ReSound Unite Mini Microphone?
Clip your ReSound Unite Mini Microphone on the sweater, jacket or other clothing within a range of 10-30 cm (4-12 inches) from the speaker’s mouth.
How do I turn on the ReSound Unite Mini Microphone?
To turn ON your ReSound Unite Mini Microphone slide the ON/OFF switch down towards the silver cap. The LED indicator will start blinking.
How do I turn off the ReSound Unite Mini Microphone?
To turn OFF your ReSound Unite Mini Microphone slide the ON/OFF switch upwards away from the silver cap. The LED indicator will stop blinking.