While Emily loved her ReSound ENZO 3D hearing aids, this is an exciting time for her, as ReSound has gifted her the latest model of BTE hearing aids from the ReSound ONE family. Enjoy the video… we’ve captured some of the features she mentions below so you can print them out.
Remember to talk with your audiologist or hearing care professional to see which hearing aids best fits your needs. They are here to help, so please feel free to reach out to them with any questions you may have.
Feature #1 – There is a microphone and receiver in the canal
- While BTE models do not have a microphone or receiver in the ear, ReSound ONE Receiver-in-Ear (RIE) models do offer a Microphone and Receiver in the Ear (M&RIE) option. M&RIE uses your unique ear shape to collect the most natural sound quality. Learn more about M&RIE and how it helps enrich various sound environments.
Feature #2 – Ultra Focus
- The Ultra Focus feature allows users to focus on the important conversations in front of them while reducing the unnecessary background noise around them – even in the toughest environments.
- In Emily’s case, if she is running outside in the wind, Ultra Focus can help by focusing in on her running buddy and reducing the wind noise.
Feature #3 – Provides All Access Directionality
- You are able to hear all around you, but you can focus on one angle. This is made possible through microphone directionality feature. With this feature, the hearing aids are able to pick out where the sounds are coming from and are able to adjust the volumes to pay attention more so that the hearing aids can work together in that way and focus in on a direction.
Feature #4 – Rechargeability and connectivity
- ReSound ONE BTEs are rechargeable which is something Emily is looking forward to as she currently wears battery-powered devices. She and others can enjoy up to 30 hours* of battery life or 25 hours with the ability to stream throughout the day.
* Expected battery life dependent on the device model, active features, the use of wireless accessories, hearing loss, device age and sound environment.
Feature #5 – ReSound app features
- With the ReSound Smart 3D app, Emily will be able to use ReSound Assist – an in-app feature that allows users to connect with their audiologist and make fine-tuning adjustments remotely. Whether Emily is looking to make fine-tuning adjustments or simply change the volume control, all of this and more can be done with ease and from the comfort of home.
It is always a pleasure to hear stories from the #MyHearingDay campaign, as each story is different and is personalized to the patient.
Emily’s #MyHearingDay story is different from others, as she has previously had hearing aids and will be comparing it to her other experiences. She is interested to see what she will notice between the other hearing aids she has worn versus the ReSound ONE hearing aids.
In the last section of the video, she shows clips of the fitting appointment for her ReSound ONE hearing aids. She was filled with joy and smiling as she was getting fitted by her audiologist, who also happens to be her sister.
Once she started wearing ReSound ONE hearing aids, she realized she could hear sounds that she was missing out on before, such as the computer humming. She is looking forward to seeing what other sounds she will notice over time.
Whether you are a parent of a child with hearing loss or a child with a parent with hearing loss or you have a hearing loss yourself, check out Emily’s YouTube page to learn more about her experience: https://www.youtube.com/c/DefiniteHearing/featured.
Don't know where to start?
Let us help you find a hearing care professional near you.