UPDATE: Apple releases iOS 15.4.1 to fix hearing aid compatibility issues
If you are having trouble connecting your ReSound Smart 3D app to your iPhone after updating to iOS 15.4, we recommend that you install the most recent iOS version 15.4.1 that was released on Thursday, March 31st AND reconnect your hearing aids to your phones using directs below. This update will resolve the issue occurring in iOS version 15.4 until an app update is available.
For more details on the update, please refer to Apple’s documentation here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212788
With the most recent update to iOS 15.4, some hearing aid users may experience an issue with their ReSound Smart 3D app connecting with their smartphone after it has been updated.
Working with Apple, our initial investigations indicate that the iOS 15.4 update could possibly break the established connection between the device and the app, resulting in a black screen that prompts user to pair hearing aids again.
If you have already installed iOS 15.4 and are having trouble connecting to your ReSound Smart 3D app, you should be able to fix this with a reconnection of your hearing aids to your Apple device.
Here are the steps to reestablish the connection between the hearing aids and your app.
You should only have to do this once.
- Unpair the hearing aids in iOS settings with the ReSound Smart 3D app still open and running in the background.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Accessibility > Hearing Devices.
- Tap on your name/model of the hearing aids – tap “Forget this device” and confirm by tapping “Forget” again.
- Your iPhone should now be searching. Open your hearing aid battery doors OR place them in the charger if you are using rechargeable hearing aids.
- Re-pair your hearing aids with ReSound Smart 3D app still open and running the background.
- Stay in or go back to Settings > Accessibility > Hearing Devices.
- Close your hearing aid battery doors OR remove them from the charger if using rechargeable hearing aids.
- Tap on your model of hearing aids when they appear.
- Accept all pairing requests.
- Go back to the ReSound Smart 3D app and complete the pairing process as prompted within the app.
Please contact our Consumer Tech Support Team at 1-888-735-4327 and choose Option #1 with any additional questions or if you need help with reconnecting to your device.
We’re sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. We continue to actively work with Apple to resolve this issue as soon as possible. If we determine an app update is needed, you will receive a notice via your device to update your ReSound Smart 3D app.