Laurie Osterman has more than 19 years’ of being a pilot’s wife. She shares tips and tricks about traveling around the world on her popular YouTube channel.
We know many of you enjoy traveling, so we invited Laurie to put the ReSound Multi Mic to the test.
In her latest video, she shows why she thinks the ReSound Multi Mic is her favorite hearing aid accessory, discusses five reasons why you should consider it and how to use the device while traveling.
We hope you enjoy Laurie’s video.
Don’t forget your hearing care professional is always here to help. Please feel free to reach out to them with any questions you may have.
If you want to print out her top five reasons she thinks the ReSound Multi Mic is her favorite hearing aid accessory, here they are:
Reason #1 – When you are in a noisy environment, it minimizes background noise
- Laurie can minimize the noises around her while at a noisy restaurant, a YouTube conference or at a dining room while on a cruise ship to hear the people at her table. All she has to do is place the ReSound Multi Mic in the middle of the table and open the ReSound app on her phone and tap the ReSound Multi Mic icon.
Reason #2 – It streams to your laptop, and the noise from your laptop will be played without having to be plugged in
- If you’re working from home and you have a Zoom or Microsoft Teams meeting, you can place the ReSound Multi Mic device beside your laptop anywhere and it goes directly into your hearing aids automatically. In order to start the streaming, you have to open the ReSound app and tap the ReSound Multi Mic icon.
Reason #3 – You can hear the person who is wearing the ReSound Multi Mic crystal clear in your ear as if they’re speaking right into your ear
- Laurie used the ReSound Multi Mic device with her Mom when they went to a warehouse store. Her Mom could be five aisles away while wearing the device and Laurie could hear her crystal clear. The person wearing the microphone can be up to 80 feet away and the person who is listening in can hear their voice crystal clear when they speak. It is important to remind the person who is wearing the ReSound Multi Mic to have the microphone be vertical by clipping it to their clothes or via the necklace.
Reason #4 – There are streaming capabilities that assist you while you watch television in your house or in a hotel room
- When Laurie was in Las Vegas, the hotel room she was staying in was huge and she could sit way back in the king-sized bed, working on her journal while having the TV on and hear it crystal clear. Usually in a hotel room she needs the TV’s volume up a little bit, but now with this assistive listening device, she doesn’t. She places the ReSound Multi Mic beside the TV anywhere, even on the desk countertop underneath the TV and the ReSound Multi Mic device will stream the sound from the TV directly into her ears. She also shares a tip that you can adjust the volume with the side buttons on the ReSound Multi Mic if the TV isn’t loud enough for you.
Reason #5 – You can be far away from the ReSound Multi Mic device or other devices like a TV and still hear crystal clear
- Laurie loves exercising in a hotel room on vacation. She watches free YouTube exercise videos on her computer with host, Paula B. Her computer is normally placed under the TV while she stands over on the other side of the room exercising. She places the ReSound Multi Mic device beside the laptop, turned on her ReSound app on her phone and tapped the remote ReSound Multi Mic icon and the video then streams directly into her hearing aids. This helps so that the volume on the YouTube exercise video is low, but she can still hear it crystal clear.
Laurie also provided three additional bonus tips for the ReSound Multi Mic:
Bonus Tip #1 – You can only purchase the ReSound Multi Mic from your audiologist, and you must wear ReSound hearing aid
- As a reminder, you can only purchase the device from your audiologist or hearing care professional. They will be able to help you and provide you with a variety of tips and tricks. You have to make sure you wear ReSound hearing aids, in order to use the ReSound Multi Mic device.
Bonus Tip #2 – If you are flying internationally, check the charger you are bringing
- A travel tip if you’re flying internationally is that a regular adapter is all you need to charge this ReSound Multi Mic
Bonus Tip #3 – You must charge the ReSound Multi Mic for at least 3 hours
- Before you even turn on the ReSound Multi Mic, the easy-to-read booklet says you must charge your device for at least three hours, in order to get 10 hours of use out of it. The ReSound Multi Mic has to be on, in order for you to use up the battery power.
Laurie also provided steps on how to pair your ReSound Multi Mic with your ReSound hearing aids and your mobile phone. Here are the steps she listed:
- You are going to take your hearing aids out of your ears and out of the rechargeable case if you wear a rechargeable model like she does.
- If you wear a battery-powered model, you are going to just leave the hearing aids open while you’re pairing them.
- The way you turn the ReSound Multi Mic on is by pressing down on the power button for about two seconds and then a green light will pop up.
- That’s when you’re going to turn on the app and then tap the ReSound Multi Mic icon and it will pair the various devices.
Whether you are new to traveling or a seasoned pro, check out Laurie’s popular YouTube channel for more tips and tricks: https://www.youtube.com/c/TravelTipsbyLaurie.
Just like a fingerprint,
your hearing is one of a kind
Learn more about ReSound ONE