Did you know that it’s been 30 years this month since ReSound US was founded (originally in California)? A lot has happened in the last 30 years, including a number of industry firsts.
ReSound Canta – The first software-based product in the industry.
ReSound Air – Providing top sound quality without blocking the ear canal for the very first time.
dot by ReSound – The world’s smallest hearing aid (at the time), represents a radical improvement in both size and performance.
ReSound LiveTM – The first custom hearing aid in the Remote Microphone (RM) category.
ReSound Alera® – The first hearing aid to use the powerful 2.4 GHz wireless technology, enabling it to connect to the ReSound Unite wireless accessory family and ReSound Airlink for wireless fittings.
ReSound Verso® – The first hearing aid to use Binaural Fusion which delivers rich, full sound, outstanding performance in background noise, superior feedback management, all in an easy-to-use instrument.
ReSound Control App – ReSound’s first product to be Made for iPhone.
ReSound LiNXTM – The World’s first-to-market Made for iPhone hearing aid.
To mark the anniversary, we interviewed 19 employees that have been with ReSound for more than 20 years. Here’s what they had to say:
In your opinion, what’s the biggest difference between ReSound then and ReSound now?
- “Technology in the product and the manufacturing processes. Things the dispenser does in the office with software used to require that the aid be sent in and components replaced.”
- “…the level of talented and specialized people who are ReSound’s employees today is amazing…”
What makes you most proud to have worked at ReSound this long?
- “Our technology and the relationship we have with customers… I still see customers from 1987 doing business with us!!! That tells a lot about our company…”
- “Getting to work with such great people, who are now more like family!”
- “Contributing to delivering products that provide improved quality of life for the hearing impaired through customer & patient focused services.”
Happy Anniversary ReSound and thank you to all of you that have contributed to our success. We value your contributions!