With the release of the Phone Clip+, users now have the flexibility of connecting with Bluetooth devices, use of the Resound Control app, as well as the remote control capability on the unit itself. This multi-capable accessory provides users’ with a great deal of benefit, and is compatible with both Verso and Alera wireless devices.
The Phone Clip+ has direct pairing functionality with both wireless Verso instruments, as well as any wireless Alera, with a serial number greater than 1286555398. For those wireless Alera devices with earlier serial numbers, you have two options:
- Pair the Alera hearing instrument with a remote control (may be a stock remote control in your office), prior to pairing it with the Phone Clip+, or
- Manually upgrade your hearing instruments to the latest software package using a Factory Restore option in Aventa 3.5
The steps below take you through how to manually upgrade an Alera hearing instrument in Aventa 3.5.
Step 1: Cabled Connection in Aventa 3.5:
- You must have a cabled connection to perform a Factory Restore
- Confirm you have fresh batteries in your hearing instruments, the correct cabled setup, and
- That you have Aventa 3.5 installed on your computer
Step 2: Launch Aventa 3.5
Step 3: You do not need to perform an initial connection sequence to run a Factory Restore.
- Once in Aventa 3.5, directly from the top menu, select, ‘Instrument,’ and ‘Restore Factory Settings.’
- In the top drop down, choose, ‘Full Restore (with latest firmware)’
- Select the appropriate instrument side
- Confirm the correct programming interface
- Select, ‘Proceed to Full Restore.’
- While the restore is active, it will display progress bars and message updates.
- When the restore is complete, Aventa 3.5 will take you back to the ‘Restore to Factory Settings screen,’ with a message, ‘Successfully restored to factory settings for right (or left) instrument.
Step 7: Once you have closed out of the Restore to Factory Settings option, your instrument is disconnected. You may now re-connect, either maintaining the cabled setup, or switching over to Airlink, proceed with your fit and directly pair with the Phone Clip+.