When creating a newspaper insert, many questions come to mind:
- How many inserts should I do?
- What can I use for content?
- What should be the call-to-action?
These are all important questions and the tips below offer guidance based on trends from ReSound market tests.
- We recommend a minimum circulation of 30,000 inserts
- Select zip codes to target your insert
Full circulation runs are very costly. It is recommended that you select zip codes that surround your practice, within a 20 mile radius. For areas that are densely populated, it may be best to shorten your radius.
- It is more cost effective to run 2 color versus 4 color
- Use the insert to promote an event or offer
You need to motivate people to pick up the phone and schedule an appointment. Examples of calls-to-action that generate interest include:
EVENTS: Open house, consumer seminar, 3-day special event
– A percentage off MSRP. We recommend doing no less than 25% off
– A dollar amount off the price of hearing instruments (such as $200)
– Free batteries for the life of a hearing instrument purchased during a special event
- Use patient testimonials
Find satisfied patients from your database and have them provide you with a picture and a testimonial. This can be a powerful marketing weapon. People identify with others’ experiences