Did you know…HIMSA’s official support of Noah 3 will end on September 30, 2013. Our tech tip for this month helps you to prepare for the transition to NOAH 4. If you haven’t already thought about upgrading, or, perhaps, you are considering newly purchasing Noah 4, below are some tips to keep in mind.
Recommended Computer Specifications
- Processor:/Pentium III, 1 GHz
- System RAM: 1024 MB
- Free Hard Drive Space: 5 GB, and +1GB for EACH installed module, and 4 GB for patient database
- Operating System:
– Windows XP Pro SP3,
– Windows Vista SP2- 32 and 64 bit,
– Windows 7- 32 and 64 bit (except Windows 7 Starter version)
– Windows 8-32 and 64 bit (except Windows 8 RT version)
– Note: HIMSA does not test modules on Windows Enterprise versions and cannot guarantee the modules will operate on these.
– Note: Windows 2008 R2 Server or 2003 Server SP2 may be used as the server PC for network installations.
- Screen Resolution: 1024×768 or higher
Upgrading from Noah 3 to Noah 4
- Always perform a backup of your current Noah 3 system prior to the upgrade process. For assistance, contact ReSound’s Technical Support Department.
- Check your current version of Noah 3. With Noah open navigate to, “Help,” and select, “About Noah.”
- If you are using Noah 3.5.2 or later, the Noah 4 installation will automatically migrate your settings, patient records, Noah license and Noah modules.
- If you are running earlier versions of Noah 3, visit the HIMSA website at http://www.himsa.com to review additional instructions.
Measurement Equipment and Noah 4
- Some measurement equipment may require a software and/or hardware update from the manufacturer to run with Noah 4. Contact your supplier for more information related to compatibility with Noah 4 prior to performing the upgrade.
Noah 3 Modules Compatibility with Noah 4
- To find out if your NOAH 3 modules can run in Noah 4, visit the HIMSA website and search, “Noah Certified Modules.”
ReSound’s Technical Support Department and Remote Computer Access Support
- The Technical Support department at ReSound is dedicated to helping make your transition from Noah 3 to Noah 4 as smooth as possible. Did you know that Technical Support team members are able to remotely access your computer to assist with software related issues? You will simply need internet access and our team will walk you through establishing a connection. Feel free to contact ReSound for any questions or assistance related to your transition to Noah 4.