ReSound Alera TS™ provides superior sound processing with features such as frequency shaping, amplitude modulation, and flexible program choices. The Alera TS™ offers personalized fittings, available in various makes and models. A truly unique feature of the Alera TS™, which can be beneficial in tinnitus management is Environmental Steering. This acts as an automatic volume control, adjusting the level of the white noise signal by utilizing a classifier system to identify seven different listening environments.
Benefits of Environmental Steering:
- When the user is in a ‘Quiet’ environment, the sound generator volume will be at the programmed setting.
- When the user is in a more speech-heavy environment, or a noisy environment, less noise is needed to decrease the contrast of the tinnitus, thus the sound generator volume will decrease.
Amplification + TSG Program Sound Level Adjustment Options
- Off: The volume control will operate for the hearing instrument amplification only.
- Volume Control: The volume control will operate for the sound generator only.
- Environmental Steering: The volume control will operate for the hearing instrument amplification only.
Note: Setting up Different Volume Options in Each Program
- Within any individual program, the manual volume can either be turned on for the hearing instrument only, on for the sound generator only, or turned off. It cannot be active for both the hearing instrument and the sound generator in the same program.