A major component of successful marketing is how well your office staff is trained to receive consumer responses. We can help with selecting, designing and implementing marketing tactics, but it’s up to you to ensure your office staff properly handles curious consumers and potential patients.
9 Key Steps to a Successful Inbound Call
1. Greet the caller with your given name and the full name of your clinic.
“Thank you for calling ABC Hearing. This is __________.
How may I help you?”
2. Get the caller’s full name.
“May I have your complete name?”
3. Identify person with need.
“Are you calling for you or someone else?”
4. Discover and record the source of the call.
“How did you hear about us?”
5. Assess urgency.
“When did you first notice problems with your hearing?”
6. Ask for the appointment.
“Do you prefer mornings or afternoons?”
(Schedule the date, time, and length of appointment.)
7. Get the caller’s phone number.
“May I please have your phone number?”
8. Confirm companion.
“Who will be accompanying you to the appointment?”
9. Confirm the date and time of the appointment, and provide directions to the office if necessary, before hanging up.