What is the latency of the streamed signal?
The latency less than 20 ms.
How do I pair the hearing aids to the ReSound Unite Mini Microphone?
Pairing the SM in channel 1:
- Make sure ReSound Unite™ SM is turned on. Your hearing instruments must be off – open the battery door.
- With the tip of a pen or similar object, press the small pairing button one time on the front of your ReSound Unite™ SM device hidden by the bottom cover (see picture below). The LED will now blink orange once every 2 seconds to indicate that is ready to be paired in channel 1. Your ReSound Unite™ SM will remain in pairing mode for 20 seconds.
- While pairing mode is activated, close the battery doors of both hearing instruments and make sure they are ON. A successful pairing will be indicated by an audible melody played in both hearing instruments.
Pairing the SM in channel 2 or 3:
To pair the SM in channel 2, press the pairing button twice. The LED will now blink orange twice every 2 seconds to indicate that is ready to be paired in channel 2. Close the battery doors on the hearing instruments. To pair the SM in channel 3, press the pairing button three times. The LED will now blink orange three times every 2 seconds to indicate that is ready to be paired in channel 3. Close the battery doors on the hearing instruments.
Does the Unite Mini Microphone have batteries?
Yes, a rechargeable battery that can be charged using the included charger.
How many ReSound Unite Mini Microphones can I have connect to my hearing instruments?
Your Alera hearing instruments can be paired to up to a total of three streaming devices at a time – e.g. 1 Mini Microphone and 2 TV streamers.
Which devices can be connected to the Line-In on the ReSound Unite Mini Microphone?
Any device with audio output can be connected using an appropriate cable ending in a stereo jack plug. Examples are: Stereo, Computer, MP3 player, TV….
How many hearing aids can the ReSound Unite TV Streamer be paired with?
The ReSound Unite Mini Microphone can be paired with as many hearing aids as needed.
How do I start streaming?
Turn on the auxilliary audio device connected to ReSound Unite Mini Microphone. Make sure your hearing aids are turned on as well. Streaming may be started in one of two ways.
- Press and hold the push button on either hearing aid for about three seconds. This must be done separately on both hearing aids in order to hear streamed audio in both ears. Once the ReSound Unite Mini Microphone has been connected, an audible melody will play in your hearing aids and will be followed by the streamed sound.
- If you have a ReSound Unite Remote Control (optional), simply press the Unite Streamer button. Doing so will briefly show a search icon in the Remote Control display. Once the hearing aids connect to ReSound Unite Mini Microphone, a short melody will be played in both ears to confirm the presence of streamed audio and a streaming icon will appear in the display.
How do I stop streaming?
Press the push button on either hearing aid. This will cancel streaming on the side pressed. With the ReSound Unite Remote Control (optional) you just have to press the ‘P- button, located in the center of the keypad. This will return the hearing aids to the last program used. You may also press the Home button to return to your default program 1 settings.
If you are using the telephone with ReSound Unite Phone Clip or Phone-Now™ streaming of ReSound Unite TV Streamer will be temporarily disrupted. When you have ended your phone call, streaming will resume.
If the streamed signal disappears how do I reconnect?
If the streamed signal disappears it can be due to:
- The hearing aids are out of range of the ReSound Unite Mini Microphone. Try shortening the distance between the hearing aids and the ReSound Unite Mini Microphone. You can be up to 7 meters away from the ReSound Unite Mini Microphone depending on the physical environment. If you get out of this range and return to range within five minutes the hearing aids will reconnect themselves. If you get out of range and don’t return within five minutes you can reconnect on the hearing aids with a long press (3 seconds) on the pushbutton or by pressing the Unite TV button on the Remote Control.
- The cable connecting the ReSound Unite TV Streamer to the audio source is not inserted completely into the ReSound Unite TV Streamer. Ensure that all cables are plugged in and the plug is in the wall outlet.