Noahlink , Aventa 2.95 and Windows 7
On occasion, when working with Noahlink and Aventa 2.95 on a Windows 7 32 or 64 bit operating system, attempts to connect following an initial successful connection may result in a “No connected instruments found,” message.
Suggested workarounds include any of the following strategies:
• Remove the Noahlink battery, place it back in, turn the Noahlink unit back on, or
• Go to the task manager and end the process for noahlindrv.exe
- Access the task manager by pressing ctrl, alt and delete simultaneously
- Go to the Processes tab
- Highlight noahlindrv.exe
- Click on the End Process button
• Reboot the computer
SpeedLink, Aventa 2.95 and 64 bit Operating Systems
In order for SpeedLink to work in Aventa 2.95 with 64 bit operating systems, it is important to install a 64-bit driver for SpeedLink. To download, go to:
• http://www.gnresound.com/professionals /SpeedlinkDriverfor64bitOS.aspx
• Once downloaded, click on setup.exe to install.
Noah System, Windows 7 and other 64 bit Operating Systems
Ensure the version of Noah you have installed on your compluter is compatible with your operating system.
• The version of Noah used on Windows 7 32 or 64 bit operating systems and the Vista 64 bit operating system, must be either Noah 3.7 or Noah 4.
• For more information on HIMSA’s recommendations regarding compatibility of Noah system on any Windows operating system, go to www.himsa.com
HI PRO and 64 Bit Operating Systems
When using a 64 bit operating system and trying to connect using either a traditional serial port HiPRO box (with or without USB to serial port adapter) or a HIPRO USB box, the following error may occur- Error running C:\Program Files (x86)\GN ReSound\Aventa2\COM_HOOK.EXE Error = 216.
This error occurs in the following scenarios
• When using a traditional serial port HIPRO Box.
- The traditional HIPRO box was designed to work with 16 bit operating systems.
- Suggested solutions include:
a) Simply clidk through errors until you are able to connect to aids.
b) Switch to an alternateprogramming interface
• When using a USB HIPRO box that
- Needs to be configured
a) Go to Start/All Programs/GN Otometrics/HIPRO Configuration
• Run configuration
- Needs the latest drive installed
a) For driver update, can go to http://www.otometrics.com/fittingsystems/Fitting/Hi-Pro_USB.aspx
• Select, “Download,” and “Download the HI PRO Installation CD.”
• When using an interface other than HiPRO , but the Aventa routing is set to HIPRO.
- Go to: edit/preferences/programming interface.
a) Change to interface of choice.